Dame Time - "Bye Bye" - till next fall




End of another season, but what a season it was!

During the NBA Finals all basketball fans realize this is the end of hoops until fall.  Of course for  Portland Trailblazer fans – the season ended a couple weeks ago.  Having your favorite team eliminated from the play-offs always hurts but the truth is - only one of thirty teams enjoys a perfect finish to their season.

This season the Blazers won TWO play-off series.  They haven't won a series since 2016.  They haven't won TWO since 2000.  In fact the Blazers entered the 2019 playoffs losing ten straight play-off games and were up against a team they hadn't beaten all year.  They were also without their third best player Jusuf Nurkic, lost for the rest of the season with a broken leg. 

Yet the unlikely Portland Trailblazers eliminated the Oklahoma City Thunder on a dramatic 37 foot bomb from team Captain Damian Lillard at the buzzer of game five.  They went on to beat the Denver Nuggets in seven games after that.   However the season's signature moment was Dame waving bye bye to the Thunder in front of the home crowd.   What a shot.  What a moment. What a season!

"Bye Bye"  A Commissioned piece for a friend to give two huuuge Trailblazer fans as a wedding gift.  Better than candlesticks or a waffle iron and it will last longer.

24" x 24" Acrylic medium with pastels on canvas.





Comments

  1. Good evening David. My name is Calvin and I'm an up and coming Hip Hop/R&B artist from New Jersey. This year I have finally been able to complete an overdue project called Take Your Time But Hurry Up (TYTBHU) and I wanted to use a picture of Damian Lillard as my album art as I believe that his career speaks to the title of the album. Unfortunately DistroKid and similar sites won't allow me to use art that I don't have the explicit right to use and I wanted to know if I could use this picture as the cover because it captures the direction that I wanted to go if I were to make my own cover. Please respond at your earliest convenience.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts