NO ONE CARES




It’s the Holidays. Merry Christmas!  Happy New Year!  Or maybe not. Along with the warmth, cheer and sentiment of the holidays lies a darker, sadder and sometimes more cynical view. For some the holidays are a lonely experience as family and friends are gone or far away.  For others the holidays evoke memories of Christmases gone bad.  Some feel the holidays are an exercise in commercial excess and hypocritical largess.  Others are down simply due to cold weather and shorter days.  Bottom line: Many people don’t dig the holidays and struggle to get through them.

I feel for all perspectives of the holidays which is why I’m sharing “No One Cares.”   I mean is there a better way to depict holiday anxiety than an image of Frank Sinatra feeling defeated and ignored in a festive bar?  Frank is the greatest holiday crooner ever!   Full disclosure: It’s actually an old album cover that has nothing to do with the holidays.  BUT it’s a scene depicting a mood we’ve all experienced. Further disclosure: I’m trying to connect my latest painting to the holidays. HOWEVER, I honestly feel no one sings “Jing jing jingle bells” like old blue eyes!   Although Sammy Davis’ “Jing, jing, jingle in the morning” version is pretty close.
    
More disclosure: I was blessed with the most wonderful Christmases a kid or parent could ever have. I feel nothing but love, joy and warmth this time of year.  And yes, I’m that guy that plays holiday music way too early and way too much. I know this not the case for everyone - so here’s hoping everyone gets though the holidays safely and peacefully.

Merry Christmas everyone!    

24" x 36" Acrylic medium on board

Comments

Popular Posts